Wall Mounted Tv

Is it possible to mount a TV on the wall of my van? I currently have an Abbey and was thinking that I could put a bit of 4 by 2 on the inside of my cupboard and screw the TV to the other end. Would the TV just bounce off the wall?

We had a Swift where the TV slid up into a cupboard which was quite a neat solution. However that is only fine if its built in originally. I think I would be inclined to look for a TV bracket where the TV can be removed whilst on the road.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Niro HEV  for home.

Caravan Travels

The fact that you are thinking of using a piece of 4 by 2 to reinforce the cupboard wall suggests that it is quite a heavy TV. I would not trust the mounting screws in the back of the TV to withstand a bumpy road in a van, let alone your fixings to the van!

The van bounces around more than the car, my advice is to transport the TV in a padded bag in the car. It does not take long to set these modern day TV's, be safe as it could be a costly mistake.

Les

Les

When you say a bit of 3''x4'' I wonder why so heavy a piece of timber. If it is purely to strengthen the cupboard side panel I would suggest that some 1/2'' ply would be easier. If it is just to fix into I would use 1/4'' ply plate instead and bolt through it with bolts cut to length. Most unit mounted TV's I have seen say to take the TV off the bracket for travelling.

Our TV generally stays in a cupboard and comes out at Christmas :)

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Looking at doing something similar in our motorhome and agree with others that it would be safer to demount the TV when travelling, particularly in a caravan.

I'm looking at using a TV bracket where you can lift the TV off, disconnect the power and aerial leads and store it in transit. There are a number of these about but as an example. .......

BTV110. pdf

Our Swift has an extendable TV bracket. The TV has the mounting plate screwed to the back of it and one hand tightened screw fits the TV to the extending arm. The power plug and aerial point is next to it. The mounting plate stays screwed to the TV and every time we move the caravan, the TV goes back into its padded bag. Setting up on a new site takes about 5 minutes including auto tune for the TV stations. It then gets turned to the wall and is used to receive radio stations. .

Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

The Swift Wall Bracket allows you to watch the TV in the lounge area and bedroom because it gives 180 degree movement. ..

http://www. visionplus. co. uk/shop/vision-plus-tv-wall-bracket-triple-arm. html

You can slide the TV and wall bracket out of the wall plate whilst travelling and buy another wall plate to use the TV in the kitchen at home, simple!

When you say a bit of 3''x4'' I wonder why so heavy a piece of timber. If it is purely to strengthen the cupboard side panel I would suggest that some 1/2'' ply would be easier. If it is just to fix into I would use 1/4'' ply plate instead and bolt through it with bolts cut to length. Most unit mounted TV's I have seen say to take the TV off the bracket for travelling.

I meant why a 4''x2''

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Sounds like a Great Aunt of mine. Does it wear a paper hat?

Every caravan intended TV model I know of that has a wall mounting in caravan has the means of sliding the set off for carrying safely and you are advised to never travel with it in situ for reasons previously mentioned.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

We bought two of the same brackets and put one in bedroom one in van then swap the TV as required. Personally think only having TV for van is a bit wasteful as any fault might not show up with such short use for us anyway,I know what I mean anyway :D

Bailey Indiana S. 6 and Hyundai i800 auto