Gas Use In Statics

KarenHayton

Welcome but who are you?

It sounds like you own or run a caravan park.

This is mainly a forum for tourers but we do have a static section with several static members.

However this forum is not really the correct place to get regulations on gas appliances. I suggest you contact the trade association for static caravan owners. You need to be absolutely sure you get the right advice as someone's life could depend on it with the wrong equipment.

Try these people

http://www. nacoservices. com/

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I presume the built in fire is U/S or condemned. the gas fire in the picture can be used in homes, not sure if use is allowed in caravans tho. Remember that the smaller bottles of gas will cost significantly more for gas replacement as the 47kg's and they will still require gas for the hot water boiler.

I'm guessing you are Heathergate Country Park?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I wouldn't like to use one in a static although they've been used n the past.

They would fill the van with damp and could well be a health hazard as they would produce CO2 or CO if they were burning incorrectly

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I presume the built in fire is U/S or condemned. the gas fire in the picture can be used in homes, not sure if use is allowed in caravans tho. Remember that the smaller bottles of gas will cost significantly more for gas replacement as the 47kg's and they will still require gas for the hot water boiler.

Price for the gas would depend on the supplier . The static site would charge for the gas at a service cost against their own supply which could be cheaper .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I use one in mine. The site charge way too much for their gas supply.

As for the damp issue any fire will produce it if heating up cold air.

We do have a co2 monitor though.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Price for the gas would depend on the supplier . The static site would charge for the gas at a service cost against their own supply which could be cheaper .

Dave

What i meant was that the same supplier would be prorata more per KG for a small bottle against a big bottle.

The type of heater as described can be used in a static van but will produce a lot of condensation as it is not vented to the outside.

They are only allowed to use Butane gas they are NOT permitted to use Propane.

Removal of the fire installed MUST be carried out by a Gas Safe LPG qualified tradesman as static vans are completely under the control of Gas Safe Regulations.

one of the most common heater swaps i do (subject to available space behind) is to put a Truma 5002 space heater with a 240v fan and ducting to create a warm blow air system.

A bit of joinery work and a gas pipe re-route and job done, A room sealed heater with auto temp control able to be used 24hrs.

Downside is it is a bit pricey at around £800 all in but when the neighbours pop in to see the difference an order sometimes follows.

• Like 1

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN