Fleetwood Heritage 640 EST 2007 review
• Alde hot water and wet central heating system
• Intelligent heating system, starts on gas plus electric, (for fast heat up) then automatically switches to electricity, but only if it’s on EHU.
• In the bedroom and lounge areas the walls are also heating plenums, they heat up and become like body sized hot water bottles.
• Full cooker and microwave.
• Huge 3 way Refrigerator and Freezer.
• Good wash room
• Large wardrobe
• Loads of lockers.
• Excellent separate power shower.
• Transformable lounge three sofas or two sofas and two chests of draws.
• For privacy, the dual purpose internal door and sliding partition wall enable it to be sectioned off into three separate compartments.
• Silvered reflective blackout blinds and fly screens on all windows and openings.
• Full adult sized fixed beds with very deep, quality memory foam mattresses.
• Blaupunkt top end built in radio plus CD and DVD player.
• Built in integrated sound and cinema type, TV surround sound system.
• Built in intelligent battery charger/eliminator.
• Status 560 aerial complete with multi amplifier/distribution points, (3 off).
• Satellite TV plumbed in, (3 off).
• Three 12 volt and 240 volt sockets.
• Everything in the caravan will work off of 12 volts or 240 volts. It was designed from the outset to be fully functional off of EHU.
• A cavernous front locker, which takes my spare wheel, waste hog, water hog, hydraulic jack, gas bottles, level up ramps plus chocks etc and steady blocks.
• It is a well-balanced caravan with all the heavy stuff built in over the axles. Empty the nose weight is only 48Kg, fully loaded it’s easy to maintain an 85 kg nose weight without serious counter balancing.
I would have liked the washroom/toilet area to have been larger by about 6 inches sacrificing galley work top space, but that’s just me at 14 stone and 5’11”.
I have had to re-tension two windows blind cassettes, and of course service it, but after 6 years that’s not really bad.
Would you recommend it?
Style & comfort
Do you like the way it looks?
Yes. I like the aerodynamic look of the front end and the extra locker space it provides.
Copy this URL to your browser, it provides a panoramic view of the inside of a 2009 Heritage 640 EST and others in the range.
Is it comfortable?
Yes. We have been use to boat berths for around 30 years. The comfort afforded by the beds in this caravan is outstanding and far better than anything I have experienced in boats.
Ease of towing
Is it easy to tow?
Yes, it has the Alko 3004 AKS stabiliser system. I have also retro fitted it with four shock absorbers. It is very stable to tow.
Reliability & water ingress
Anything to look out for?
Nothing that I have noticed. It is a very well made piece of kit.
Does it meet your holiday needs?
Yes. With a 285Kg payload it’s hard to beat. If you are looking for a caravan that has it all, check out a Heritage. We find it meets all our needs.
It has a “Motormover”, mover on the rear axle. It would be almost impossible for me to park it on my drive way without it. I also fitted four shock absorbers. I use a full Protec cover over the winter layup.
Did you buy it new or used?
Where did you buy it?
What was the seller like?
Totally honest and good to negotiate with, he and his wife were the only users of this pristine caravan.
All opinions, facts and figures are those of the reviewer. Caravan Talk accepts no responsibility for accuracy of the content.